Thursday, November 11, 2010

One minute silence for Remembrance day today!

Remembrance Day (11 November) marks the anniversary of the armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). Each year Australians observe one minute silence at 11 am on 11 November, in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts.

My daughter layed a wreath this last year to represent the schools participation towards its fellow community members that suffered in wars. My grandparents were all involved, one side the light horse brigade and other world war 2. 
So my silence was towards thinking about what my family had gone through for our generations.  
                                                                                    AD   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you...
love and skullies